Friday, April 11, 2008

Life......

Ive been thinking on this life we have to live and why its so important to live it RIGHT because there is NO DO -OVER......Ive made so many mistakes over the past 49 years, so many wrongs I wish I could right. Theres scripture in the bible that says to
Pro 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
Pro 4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
Pro 4:3 For I was my father's son, tender and only [beloved] in the sight of my mother.
Pro 4:4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
Pro 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget [it] not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Pro 4:6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
Pro 4:7 Wisdom [is] the principal thing; [therefore] get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Pro 4:8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
Pro 4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
Pro 4:10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
Pro 4:11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
Pro 4:12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
Pro 4:13 Take fast hold of instruction; let [her] not go: keep her; for she [is] thy life.
Pro 4:14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil [men].
Pro 4:15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.


These are INSTRUCTIONS...If I would have only listened to My parents, my pastor, read my bible... All the people who REALLY cared about me, the saying "For your OWN good" makes so much sense to me now. It did'nt for so long. I went my own way, I did things my way. Maybe I did'nt break any laws on earth, but I did'nt do things the way the Lord would've had me do them and you might say, well you never went to jail, but sometimes I think I'm in my own prison. The prison of my own mind. I know what Ive done. I know Gods laws Ive broken. When I try to examine my own self I feel like I'm gonna puke. Even today, I do the things I know I should'nt, its like a war in my very core.
I was a real cool chick.I was'nt so bad but the fact was that I was (and am) a friend of the world. I'm just as much a "fence rider "as everybody else. The bible says in Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. I continue to "try", My attempts are so feeble. Of myself I can do NOTHING . When we are baptised, the true meaning is to Put the old man down and come up a new man, and I question if Ive ever put the old man down???
I think the answer to this is to draw near to the Lord...Follow His instructions,Read His word. Pray without ceasing. If you are doing something that you know in your heart is NOT pleasing to the Lord, STOP, if you cant stop, Ask the Lord to help you. ( I'm not smoking now and I Pray I wont again, Lord Knows thats one of those things, HE had convicted me to stop, my flesh fights and argues but as ALWAYS , God is RIGHT!)
Get to KNOW the Lord Jesus.You would'nt settle with hearing about your spouse, or your children on Sunday mornings for an hour , would you? When you LOVE something or someone you put all you have into KNOWING them.
Being a christian dosent mean you check the box:
[ ] CHRISTIAN
[ ] OTHER
[ ] JEW
I feel so sorry for these people who have been deceived into thinking that thats all their is to it.
We are a peculiar people, set apart, we dont look, act , talk, dress, or resemble the world. We have a different way of thinking. I used to (try to) gamble, dance, drink a bit, ect, not alot, but some, but then in my growth , the Lord put upon my heart to always ask yourself, IS IT PLEASING TO THE LORD, or IS GOD GETTING ANY GLORY OUT OF THIS ______, (fill in the blank) If I could'nt honestly answer yes, I had to figure out a way NOT to do it, because I have been put here to bring glory to God.
I kinda got off track with this post, what I was trying to say is that I wish I had sought Him so much earlier in my life so that I might not have done so many foolish things, not that I'm not STILL doing foolish things, I'm sure I am, but maybe not so many as I would if I didn't have the holy spirit helping me.
I hope this makes sense to somebody. It was on my heart.
If your reading this , chances are I LOVE YOU!
GLJFR

1 comment:

Mamaw 28 said...

Good Thoughts! It's thoughts like that that bring change in us.
Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.