Monday, January 05, 2009

Live each day, as if it were your last.

I have been thinking alot on life...we're starting a new year and there may be some of us who will never see another. The bible says our lives are like a vapour
(James 4:14) Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Wow vanisheth...that means to disappear by ceasing to exist; come to an end
You can't get much clearer than that.
If you could see into the future, who might die, would you treat that person differently than you do today? What if you actually knew that your next visit would be your last? Would you treat them differently?
What about your christian walk? If you could see into the future and you were not gonna make the end of this year would you be a "better" christian? Would you read your bible like your called to do, would you ; (1John 3:14)We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.
How do you love your fellow men?
(James 3:13)Who [is] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
What kind of cnversation comes out of your mouth?
(Col 1:10&11)That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness
Worthy of the Lord? O my goodness I can't do that...but thats what we're called to do!
(I Thess 4:7 & 11) says For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you
I Timothy 6:12 says Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

O.K. So how should we treat each day?
Well in my VERY shallow sumation, we should LOVE like Christ loved, we should study His word, because thats how He convicts us and tells us how to live,we should be the example... Thats the one that trips me up because I have such a bad temper, but I am workin on it!
And the most important to me is tell others about the Lord Jesus. Tell them the gospel message. Jude 1;23 (above) says pulling them out of the fire! Thems desperate words people! Think about your children, your babies going to eternity in hell...Its desperate! You never know when the Lords gonna use YOU to bring someone to Him!
We don't know the future, but we do know how God says we should live. so LIVE THAT WAY! Get off the fence, get that one dangling foot OUT of the world and live for Christ! The bible says you can't serve 2 masters!
(Matt 6:24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Do you love God or the world?
Maybe this is the time you get real...are YOU a child of the KING?
(II Peter 1:10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure


In Jeremiah 38, Jeremiah did know the future and he told Zedekiah what he could expect, but Zedekiah refused to listen to God's prophet. As a result the Babylonian king killed Zedekiah's sons before his eyes and then put out his eyes (Read the story)
Are you like Zedekiah, or do you take the word of God seriously?
I know its long and requires alot of reading but my friends it is so important.
Love Ya'll!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I believe we are to look to Christ and REST in him, just ~rest~ in him. HE is our only hope.

I don't want to feel guilty because I don't do enough, because I don't love enough. I can't muster up love anyway. Only God can give it to me.

I don't want to worry that I don't do enough. I can just rest in Christ. REST in him.... Ah, that feels good. Takes that burden off me.

If you feel bad because you don't DO enough, I say just let it go, and look to Christ. His burden is easy and his yoke is light.

Love you,
Carol

Jen said...

LOVED this post!