Thursday, March 12, 2009

SPRING BREAK

Well its been a good week! Rudy & Whitney have been home all week and it has been good! Little Rudy and Casey were here through Wednesday (he got laid off) and Little Rudy helped Rudy clear the leaves off the roof and out of the gutters Tuesday morning.
Big Rudy is scared of heights and overweight, but he tried... He was scared and could not stand up.

I went into the house and said "Dad fell off the roof". I was kidding and Rudy was sitting on the ground playing like he fell. Whitney ran into the kitchen grabbed the phone and called 911. I yelled "just kidding , Whitney" , but she had already dialed the phone. She hung up and right away the phone rang back , it was the 911 operator, It went like this:
ME:Hello
Operator: we just recieved a hang-up call from this number is everything O.K.
ME: I'm sorry we played a joke on our daughter and she called 911
Operator: What kind of joke?
Me: My husband was blowing leaves off the roof and I told her her dad fell off
Operator: did he?
Me: No, it was a joke, she took it serious
Operator: so everyone is O.K.
Me: yes, but thank you, I'm sorry



Big Rudy did NOT get back on the roof. Little Rudy took over, thank the Lord!

Big Rudy supervised!




Whitney and Macie (her friend) went back to their spring break!
Tomorrow Whitney and I plan to go to Dallas to do some "Spring Break" shopping. Sam Moon here we come! Go check out Candid Carrie to see what every body else has been doing.


14 comments:

Washer Mom Val said...

Here is to Spring Break!

Anonymous said...

Love the name of your blog! Whitney must be fast! With running and dialing! I probably would have fallen myself before I got one foot in front of the other! At the same time, you had to be laughing you hiney off! That is what I would have done if I were on the joke playing end! Hope you all have a great Spring Break!

I also stopped by to welcoem you to the SITS community. Glad you joined and hope you have as much fun here as I do!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Hope yall have a great Spring Break. We are in San Antonio and it's very cold. Can't win for losin. It's hot when you don't want it to be and it's not when you want it to be.

Ritch in Love said...

That is the cutest background of a blog! I'm Mormon and those are the vaules that our Young Women recite on Sundays, in that exact order! SO cool!

T said...

ahhhh sam moon...can I come with??? That was a mean but funny joke!! It's so funny that she just instantly called 911!!

RBK's Realm said...

I really chuckled when I read this episode. Great story.

Thanks for sharing.

jewelstreet said...

Beautiful house!

Tsk! Tsk! Now that wasn't a very nice joke to play. ;) Big Rudy looks like me when I have to get on the roof.

Carma Sez said...

wanted to come by to welcome you to SITS. Fun-ny story about the roof incident! I would have been totally stressed out over the whole 9-1-1 thing :D
carma

MediMonsters said...

When my daughter was young she thought it would be cute to call 911 and hang up....and then not answer the phone when they called back. My husband and I were back in the family room when all of the sudden a police officer walked in and asked if everything was OK. My then 2 yr old son had let him in the door--we never heard the knock being on the complete opposite side of the house. UGH!!

So, they will respond to the calls if you hang up and not answer their return call. AHH memories!

Have fun shopping!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Good one! That is funny!!!

Teri said...

I am terrified of getting on a roof. Yikes.

Found you on Candid Carrie.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I could NEVER get on a roof. Scary. Enjoy spring break!

Dropping by to welcome you to SITS - glad to have you join us!

Ann On and On... said...

That is a crazy (funny) story.

It's good to know she reacts logical in an emergency.

Anonymous said...

HA....that is a great story! Well, at least you know your daughter's reaction time for helping in a crisis is super fast!!!! Good to know!