Sunday, August 09, 2009

I Know Whom I Have Believed

I know not why God's wondrous grace
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.


I know not how this saving faith
To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His Word
Wrought peace within my heart.


I know not how the Spirit moves,
Convincing us of sin,
Revealing Jesus through the Word,
Creating faith in Him.


I know not what of good or ill
May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
Before His face I see.


I know not when my Lord may come,
At night or noonday fair,
Nor if I walk the vale with Him,
Or meet Him in the air.

But I know Whom I have believèd,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I've committed
Unto Him against that day.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Did you write this poem? Strong grasp of the mechanics of the craft of poetry. Tija S

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I wish...Tija. Its an old hymn!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it might b by george herbert Tija

Glenda, saved by grace said...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/sounds/Hymns/i_know_whom_i_have_believed.htm

Go have a listen :)

Gramma 2 Many said...

I love old hymns, and this is one of my favorites!! It says it all.

Dee said...

I love old hymns also.There are a lot of great songs out that i like to listen to, but i like the old hymns for my praise and worship. Dee

Washer Mom Val said...

Love that one!

Washer Mom Val said...

Been days since you've posted - just checking in if all is OK.