Sunday, July 09, 2006

Never Changing...

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today , forever. He never changes. There are very few things that never change. Another thing that never changes is sin, you can clean it up, change the words around, but sin is still sin. Now a days people have new words for "new "things and they sound really intriguing . For example a "gay " person is still a sodomite, no matter how pretty the word is. A Mortuary is still a funeral home, a cemetery is still a grave yard ect ect...All these new words, to try to make something that's not pleasant, pleasant!
Truth is some things never change, and I for one am very glad that I have stability in the Lord Jesus Christ. We don't need new descriptive words, He's the same. We don't need new selling tactics, the simple gospel that was good enough for Paul and Silas is still sufficient today. One thing that still is, that we don't hear much about anymore is hell, guess what my friends , it still is! I hear people talk about hell, like its gonna be the party place, the smoking section. Well the bible says its a place where the worm never dies. The worm meaning you, unrepentant sinner. That means you burn and the pain is so grievous, but you never die. I know when I burn myself on the stove or the iron, I jerk away and shake my injury and cry out after only a second of exposure to the heat, can you imagine hell. Its real people. I wonder why preachers don't preach about it anymore?
Oh well I've rambled enough. These are my thoughts for today. They may not make sense to you , but in my head, they're crystal clear. Thank you Lord Jesus for never changing. Thank You for always being in control, for always being right!
Mal 3:6 For I [am] the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!