Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Night to remember...


I offered to keep my 3 grandkids last night while Matt and Missy went out to celebrate their anniversary. Woah , I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Or should I say , I had forgotten what I was getting myself into. I let Whitney and Luke go to the skating rink with Jesse and that was a good thing, but I locked myself in the bedroom with Allie, Noah and Adam...well that in itself was'nt so bad, but when the other kids got back from the skating rink and it got time for bed, thats when the fun began. I decided to put Allie in the baby bed because she is used to going to sleep alone, which she did, with her sippie cup of milk. I put Luke in the room with Allie thinking he would be quiet and go to sleep, uh he didnt... He started talking and woke her up. I finally got her back to sleep , then I put Adam in with Whitney. Whitney went to sleep , Adam wanted to get up. I finally talked him into going to sleep. We set the play-pen in our room for Noah. He would go to sleep but he would'nt stay asleep. Most of the night we wrestled Noah. About 6:am I hear noises coming out of the room where Allie and Luke are. I go to check on them and Luke says" Good Morning Granny" I say "no Luke its not time to get up yet" Then Allie starts to whine, wanting up...I try to rock her back to sleep, no such thing. Shes up, so is Luke. So I take them into Rickys room and make them a pallet and turn the Tv on for them. By now it is close to 7 am and I procede to feed Ricky. I go back to our room and I hear noises coming from Whitneys room. Its Adam ready to get up. I take him to Rickys room with his brother and sister, then head back to my bed. Noah is whining again, so I pick him up and take him to his bed, left empty by Allie. He turns over and goes to sleep. It is 9:22 now and he is still asleep, he just wanted his bed. I fed the 3 little Farnhams breakfast of snap, crackle, and pop . Rudy's gone to check on the boys, Adam just came and told us that Luke is trying to stab him with a toothbrush , man I'm getting old. I am patiently waiting for Missy and Matt to arrive to pick up the little one's. I'm glad their anniversary is only 1st a year.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Haha. That's funny. You raised 4 little boys like that yourself just a few years ago.

Maybe you need to take them one at a time from now on. LOL

Mamaw 28 said...

Did you get you a nap this afternoon?