Monday, December 17, 2007

Early Morning Blog

Good Morning, for some strange reason I feel like blogging today. I dont really have alot to say , but here I sit, in the dark typing.
We had a good day at church yesterday. We heard a sermon yesterday about the "Diety of Jesus Christ." It was very good. The fact that The Lord Jesus never laid His diety aside. Can you imaging a perfect child? I can't, a little boy who you never have to say "No" to. That is unfathonable to me. A child that does everything perfect. That would be so weird.I think about the perfect God-Man and I guess I think about a human who has grown Christ-like in grace and knowledge, but our Lord ALWAYS had that. There are some humans that I know now who seem perfect. They seem to have a perfect life, but I know they sin because the bible says so, but this man Jesus never sinned. He was always perfect, He never sinned in his mind, he never thought bad thoughts. Our example, my example! I am such a worm. Even when I try not to sin, I sin. 1John 3:5 says: And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 1 Peter 2:21-25 says: For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed [himself] to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
I think , whats on my mind today, as we go out to buy the gifts for our friends and loved ones is , who was Jesus Christ. What did He do? He stood before the Judge, innocent , guilty of NOTHING, and took our punishment. He made a way for us to be with Him. He paid our sin debt. Do we even understand what that means? What all this so called celebration is all about? I dont think I do, but im gonna be thinking on it. Instead of getting wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of this "celebration" I'm really going to think on The Lord Jesus, His person, His work. Did He accomplish anything? Why did He die? Did He have to die? Colossians 1:12 says: Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:13.Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins.
Today I say Thank you God for your Son, thank you for making a way.

No comments: