Monday, February 13, 2006

The good Shepherd's flock
(Henry Law, "Deuteronomy" 1858)

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." John 10:27The good Shepherd's flock is widely scattered. They wander far on hills, and valleys, in every land, and every climate.
Some pant beneath a tropic sun. Some shiver in perpetual snows. A watchful eye sees all. And in fit time each is approached. Jesus Himself draws near. He wins the heart. He enters in. He takes the throne.He shows His smile. He melts the rock. He turns the enmity to love. He sits a conqueror in a once rebel camp. All given by the Father come to Him, because He comes to them. They follow, because He calls. They run, because He draws. He opens out His arms; and then they flee quickly to the shelter.

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

ARE YOU a SHEEP?

Matt and Mark went to see Chad last night. I called Missy to see how he was, because today is Matts long day at school, and she said "Matt was sad, Chad is gettin really skinny" I said well thanks alot thats what I needed to hear. She said "I'm sorry Glenda, I was'nt thinking". She's so sweet, she's one of my favorite daughter-in-laws! Ya'll pray for Chad!
We had a (nother) great message at church.
Go HERE ---> http://www.gracebaptist-tyler.us/ to hear, scroll down to sermons.
Then we went to C.C.'s pizza for LUCAS'S 8th birthday party.
I cant believe he's 8. He got lots of nice things and everybody had a good time. Chris was'nt there! But everybody who mattered was! (It really eats me alive, cause Chris DONT care, but what can I do?)
I went to Bro. Bare's church last night cause our pastor cancelled our night service, because he is still so weak from his surgery. It was a tailor made sermon just for me, about the prodigal son.Here is Bro Bare's church (mission)--->http://apbcrescue.org/.
I gotta go feed Noah! He's calling me!
Ya'll have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hard to believe Lucas is already 8 years old! They grow up fast, don't they?

Bocephus said...

Those verses in John are great. He says that all that the Father gives him will come to him and he will in no wise cast them out. He said his sheep hear his voice and he will give them eternal life and no man can pluck them out of his hand. He tells us that no man can come to him except the Father draws him. These are some of my favorites.
Bo