Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Precious Lord Jesus
,(A Puritan Prayer)
Precious Lord Jesus,Give me faith to behold . . . my name engraved in Your hand, my soul and body redeemed by Your blood, my sinfulness covered by Your life of pure obedience.May . . . Your comforts cheer me in my sorrows, Your strength sustain me in my trials, Your blessings revive me in my weariness, Your presence render me a fruitful tree of holiness, Your promises establish me in peace and joy, Your revivings kindle in me undying devotion.Search my heart. Show me more of my corruptions and helplessness, that I may . . . flee to You, cling to You, rest in You,as the beginning and end of my salvation.May I never vex You by my indifference and waywardness; or grieve You by my cold welcome.Answer my prayers, O Lord, for Your great name's sake.

No comments: